|In 2006, at the age of 75, Justice Sandra Day O'Connor retired from the U.S. Supreme Court. One reason for her retirement was the illness of John O'Connor, her husband of 55 years, who has Alzheimer's disease and lives in an assisted-living center. John developed a romance with another resident of the center. Far from feeling or expressing any jealousy or anger, Sandra visits with the couple while they hold hands on the porch swing. Mary Pipher, a psychologist who studies the emotional life of the elderly, commented thus: "Young love is about wanting to be happy. Old love is about wanting someone else to be happy."|
|Collecting a list of advice for myself for my own wedding from my experience of photographing other people's weddings.|
1. My wedding will start on time, and I will urge my guests to arrive on time as well.
2. I will wear comfortable shoes.
3. I will let my wedding planners take care of the reception venue and it will be the least of my worries.
4. My wedding photographer will be budgeted for at least $7000.
5. My reception venue will have a lot of Christmas-like lights.
(to be continued...)